It is my mission as a Certified Master Recovery/Sober Coach to support sustainable and positive changes. I cannot imagine doing anything more important than that.
Is a graduate student at the University of San Francisco studying to become a Mariage and Family Therapist (MFT) and Professional Clinical Counselor (PCC).
Graduates in May 2017
A Certified Master Recovery/Sober Coach and
Addiction Education Trainer with experience in:
Advisory board member of Jarrod's Law (jarrodslaw.org) a watchdog group promoting legislative changes to act as a protector against inefficient, illegal and unsafe practices in Sober Living Homes (SLE's).
As principal of Goldberg Sober Coaching, I help individuals gain independence from addictive behaviors while achieving personal life goals.
Starting Point (startingpointmn.com) Certified Master Recovery Coach & Recovery Coach
My recovery coaching encompasses 11 years of training in the fields of Marriage and Family Therapy, Professional Clinical Counseling, Pre-medicine/psychology at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, and Kaplan University, in applied behavioral analysis, graduating summa cum laude. As a student at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee I was inducted in Psi Chi, Psychology’s International Honor Society, and awarded a fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin where as a fellow, I was involved in cancer research.
THAT CHANGE IS POSSIBLE
- Trust your intuition, it is still there!
- Be open to learning new ways of dealing with old problems, and solve them.
- We work together in collaboration. You are in charge of your own life and successes!
RECOVERY ENRICHES YOUR LIFE
Being in recovery or recovered is up to YOU.
Introducing Clients to Non 12 Step Alternatives
I have experience with Online, In-Person Coaching & Recovery Coaching Training
HARM REDUCTION WORKS
As sober coach, I work with individuals and offer workshops for those struggling with addiction to substances by developing healthy coping skills through the stages of behavior change, teaching relapse prevention strategies, providing resources and referrals to other health-professionals, and facilitating lifestyle balance.
I work with others to attain empowerment and healthy relationships that enhance self-determination, confidence, and motivation.
My experience in both client-centered, cognitive behavioral and rational emotive behavior therapies help individuals’ dispute irrational beliefs that lead to self-destructive feelings and behavior.
I brings the benefits of coaching into the addiction recovery setting, and facilitate self-awareness and enhance self-management by teaching evidence-based tools and strategies while introducing non 12 Step options.
If you are interested in working with me or getting more information, just give me a call (707) 343-5623 or shoot me an email.
Editor of Recovery Coach Mastery: Strengths-based Approaches, Competencies, for helping persons recovering for addictive behaviors by Louis D Gonzales Ph.D. (2014-10-03)
University of San Francisco MFT, Marriage and Family Therapy & Professional Clinical Counceling (PCC)
CPSY Departmental Scholarship for 2013-14
Winner April 2014
- Goldberg Sober Coaching and The Addiction Show are members of Peers for Progress: Peer Support from Around the World
- Host of The Addiction Show
- Editor of startingpointmn.com's recovery coach training manual
- Founding Primary Contributor of Access Clairity Magazine
- American Telemedicine Association Member
- Advisory Board Member of Jarrod's Law
- The Drug Policy Alliance Action Center Member
- NAADAC: The Association for Addiction Professionals Member
- APA Educational Psychology Division 15: Educational Psychology Member
- APA Psychopharmacology and Substance Abuse Division 28: Psychopharmacology and Substance Abuse Member
- APA Division 50: Society of Addiction Psychology (SoAP)